07 April 2019

Get Sikk!!!

Heeeey eeverybody!

I ๐Ÿ‘ am ๐Ÿ‘ sick ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Why? Because I'm a legend. I hike and run 60 miles in a week and then go listen to live music till 1 am. And because I'm a legend, I hiked and ran 60 miles a week, went out two nights in a row, and did not see this coming. He's incredible, isn't he, folks? Aaaah. Yep. I'm sik. And the C key keeps stikking. So expekt some Russianesque spelling this blog post.

The thing about being sik on an island that you've already explored pretty well is this: you don't care so muh. There's still an island out there, and at this point you know each other well enough that you can just call it up (there's a charge for calling from a US phone, but it's all right). You call up the Isle of Skye (+44 800 MYSTIC ISLAND), and it picks up after five rings.

SKYE: Hchaeilodh? [Skye speaks in Gaelic, which is like a language but if there was a national mandate that all words had to be at least 40% silent letters.]

ME: Hey Skye, may I say you're looking exceptionally fine today?

SKYE: Thaenking yiouiu, I haieve bane meoisteraizing.

ME: Moisturizing? What with?

SKYE: Tourischts.

ME:

SKYE:

ME: Er, right. Well.

SKYE: Whaet are yiouoiou cawleng abooit?

ME: Yes, I'll get to that in a second, but I just wanted to mention--no particular reason--but I've been told by doctors that I'm unusually arid.

SKYE: Izhthait soidh?

ME: Practically desiccated. Two dermatologists have looked me dead in the eyes and said I'm made of the least rejuvenating material they've ever seen.

SKYE: Ai'me nawt gaingng to yews uiu to meoisteraize.

ME: No?

SKYE: Yet.

ME: Right. So. Right. Anyway, I'm afraid I have to call in sick today. Instead of summiting misty peaks and looking out upon a landscape I never thought existed outside Lord of the Rings while thinking deep mature thoughts, I'm going to sit in a bottom bunk and not watch Netflix because the Wi-Fi sucks.

SKYE: Feyn.

ME: So we're cool?

SKYE: Yeah.

ME:

SKYE: don't look behind you

ME: Huh?

SKYE: *click*

So yeah, I'm spending the day in. Called some friends, napped a bit, now I'm writing a blog post. (This you may have surmised.)

Yep.

Yep.

Filling the space. Just fiiiiilling the space.

Filling thdon't look behind youe space.


:)

2 comments:

  1. When you go to college, and in general when you enter each new stage of your life, you should start a blog to document the experience and not share it with anyone who is part of that setting.

    I say "you should" not as an annoyingly presumptuous parent of a young adult, but as your literary agent.

    In particular, I'd take steps to ensure the Isle of Skye doesn't read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. Good call. Why do you think I haven't told you about mylifeasahumansewer.wordpress.com?

      Delete

I Am Utterly Tired

I am not about to let myself stop writing just because I'm in America, a land where I come by indolence much easier. Things can be pushe...