06 April 2019

The Real Heck Of It, or The Dangers of Hostel Wi-Fi

*Hello, wifi, my old friend*
*You've come to anger me again*

I can't upload any of the great pictures of today! Sad! Australian Kate and I (there are so many Australians) went on an epic 6-hour road trip of Skye, seeing All the Things and eating All the Chips, and here I am with no evidence. "Pictures or it didn't happen", they say, and lo! already the morning and afternoon are burning away from my mind like so much overheated tape. (The tape melting to change/end scenes; that's something you don't see in films anymore.) I know you're all as sad as I am that there's no way for you to know that I didn't spend my morning upside down in a barrel of wine, singing sea chanties in a bubbling baritone (did I or didn't I? I guess we'll never know!).

Tell you what we can do: I can't post pictures, but I can provide the captions!

Right, here we go.

[picture]

Here I am with a Highland cow! (Boy, is it fuzzy.)


[picture]

Kate holding up the World's Largest Shrimp! (His name is Cliff. Cliff the Crustacean.)


[picture]

Here I am jumping into the Fairy Pools! They sure were cold, but the magical experience communing with the island's native sprites is worth a few fingers, right? Right?


[picture]

Here's Kate using a chunk of her hair as a tourniquet for my bleeding stumps! Turns out it actually ended up isolating the cold in my wrist, and I lost the hand, but live and learn, haha!


[picture]

Skye hospitals are pretty!


[picture]

Fairy glen! Kate didn't make it out of the circles :/


[picture]

Here's Father MacKenzie, wiping the dirt off his hands as he walks from the grave! (Look at him working.)

***

Haha, Skye sure is wild! Thanks for reading, everybody! I'll write a longer post tomorrow, once I've had some practice typing with one hand. Until then, good craic to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Am Utterly Tired

I am not about to let myself stop writing just because I'm in America, a land where I come by indolence much easier. Things can be pushe...