I'm doing the typing and the editing and the retyping and the new creation and the napping today. Not a big tourist day today. My room is a very good writer's retreat. I'm getting better at fiction :D
My non-fiction batteries were drained pretty hard by the two days of focused work that went into the 2,000-word analysis of The Black Parade (oh, you haven't read it yet? That's hilarious), so I do apologize for the shortness of this post. Soon I'll do another long music analysis, because it's fun. Leave a comment on an album you like, and if I also like it I shall analyze it and ruin it for you!
Here in Glastonbury, people be pagan. I knew this when I booked a room at Stargaia Retreat, but what I didn't know was I was coming to Glastonbury during a Significant Week: Beltane, the week around May Day, where we celebrate the coming of summer. Very fun!
There was a big ceremony with Green Men and a town crier and a deer-woman on stilts and a maypole and ceremonial horns of mead ("May you never thirst," says the Green Man offering the mead. "May you never hunger," says the recipient, accepting it.). Then we all (300+ people) walked up through the town, stopping at a couple cool fairy gardens, and erected the may pole. I helped weave ribbons around it. The Green Men got drunk and animated. Then I went home. Big fun for the whole family.
Hi everyone!
hi Sammy!!! ruin ok computer for us :^)
ReplyDeleteOK! Who this is?
DeleteThat sounds like so much fun!
ReplyDelete