I don't have any words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Am Utterly Tired
I am not about to let myself stop writing just because I'm in America, a land where I come by indolence much easier. Things can be pushe...
-
Pictures aren't uploading on hostel wifi, and all I have to say about that is--and I cannot emphasize this enough--"ffffffffffdsfu...
-
Blue blankets have a way of simplifying sunlight. The light comes through the window, so golden and pure that it's hard to believe it...
It took almost 200 years to build it, and many lives dedicated to that effort. It has such a rich meaning, it will give thousands of people something to do for a long time.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.wired.com/story/the-notre-dame-fire-and-the-future-of-history/
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/150622-andrew-tallon-notre-dame-cathedral-laser-scan-art-history-medieval-gothic/ This is about National Cathedral, but the article implies he did the same for Notre Dame.
It was built from ~13,000 oak trees, each around 300-400 years old. Parts of it had been standing for 1,000 years – I'd say it had a good run, sad as it is to see it go. It's impressive that it lasted so long, but nothing lasts forever. It's heartbreaking to witness that violent transition.
ReplyDelete