11 April 2019
1234
Listen, I'm writing a short story today, and it's good, and if I want to make sure the words come from the good-words spring, I have to write as much of it as I can today. So that means it's up to you, the readers, to make this blog post great by COMMENTING something, anything at all. Make it fun, make it deep, make it classy, make it the least tasteful thing I've ever read. Whatever. Let's boost this word count 😎
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I Am Utterly Tired
I am not about to let myself stop writing just because I'm in America, a land where I come by indolence much easier. Things can be pushe...
-
Pictures aren't uploading on hostel wifi, and all I have to say about that is--and I cannot emphasize this enough--"ffffffffffdsfu...
-
Blue blankets have a way of simplifying sunlight. The light comes through the window, so golden and pure that it's hard to believe it...
"I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks. How sad and bad and mad it was - but then, how it was sweet."
ReplyDeleteEnter the butler, carrying a silver tray of fresh homemade buttermilk donuts, lightly dusted with powdered sugar and exotic cinnamon.
ReplyDeleteif you were to shout “COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO” at the top of your lungs right now, how would the course of your life change?
ReplyDeleteHere is a compilation of (very) short stories. Consider them a recap of recent events from across the pond, and feel free to compare both their content and the writing style in order to boost your own morale!
ReplyDeleteKim Kardashian has announced over social media that she is going to be a lawyer, and that she is studying 18 hours per week to meet this goal. One tiny problem with this is that she's not actually enrolled in law school anywhere, but that's okay. This life-changing turn of events is still enough to distract most of the country from talking about climate change. Americans are very stupid.
A male calf was born at UVM's dairy barn last week. The barn is run by sleep-deprived college students who want to become farmers and vets. The calf, born around 3am, was named, "Galubdagugbalug" [sic].
Last weekend at the dance conference, my friends got to talking about their various birth control pills. "Wow, I'm so glad I don't have to deal with any of that," I said, feeling somewhat left out of the conversation. "Why? Oh, do you have an IUD?" asked Claire. "No, I have a girlfriend," I replied.
Ali Barritt (comedienne at the VT Comedy Club, fellow HCOL weirdo) enjoys the practice of substituting like-sounding words, much in the way that Sammy Leo and his father do. It's not quite at the level of calling criminal activity a sick boid, but it goes something like this. "Interdentally, he gave me a lymphatic pathology yesterday. Quite a dorsal fellow."
First, they came for the people who make clever lists based on historically important but overused...hang on a sec, there’s someone
ReplyDelete