28 March 2019

FRIST PSOT!!

Hello!

I have a blog!!

"WHYYY???" I hear you scream.
I will tell you.

I'm going to Britain and France for two months, traveling solo. I plan to See Things, Meet People, and generally grow as a person before college hits.

It's time I switched my writing production style from "when inspiration strikes" to "every goddamn day." To that end, I'll update this blog daily, or as close to daily as I can manage (life has a way of distracting you from more important things). Posts will probably go up in the late afternoon or evening in Britain, so it'll be something for you lovely folks to enjoy a little after lunch US time.

I don't plan on sticking to the "today I went Here and There and Over Here, look at This picture of my lunch" model of traveloguing, although you can expect the odd food picture if the food was especially tasty (but don't worry, I'm going to Scotland, where the possibility of tasty food is a remote one at best). It's more that I'm using this space as somewhere to write about something, it doesn't matter what, every day. Expect thousand-word essays about bus rides, comedic treatises upon the subject of funerals, and explorations of dragons as a metaphor for childhood. I don't expect the posts to have any recurring theme (besides that, y'know, I'm writing them). I figure if I've lived for eighteen years, seven months, and twenty-four days, I have at least sixty different things to write about.

Thanks for reading, and Long Live the Naked Mole Rat.

--Sammy

6 comments:

  1. You spelled “post” wrong. And the phone eats first, Sammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And “first”. I’m pretty sure it’s a joke at this point.

      Delete
    2. It is indeed a joke, based on the early days of blogging, when typos were very common. Indeed, a blogger's dedication was often inversely correlated with the care they took with their keyboards; thus, "frist psot" was a very common typo.

      Delete
  2. also add the "follow by email" gadget so i can get this wholesome shit sent to my email

    ReplyDelete

I Am Utterly Tired

I am not about to let myself stop writing just because I'm in America, a land where I come by indolence much easier. Things can be pushe...